Tuesday, February 5, 2013

LeMons in the Wild

While on my way to the Liquor store I glanced quite the looker sitting in the corner of the Jewel Parking lot.  It inspired me to do a rather poor imitation of the Murilee Martin Down on the Street photoshoot.

Well the car was in a parking lot and not on the street but it is a fine example of the Malaise era, the revival of a classic name, built by the most American of all car Companies, with an incredible factory paint job.

Behold the 1978 AMC Concord AMX

Clearly this is far from the Alameda as can be seen by the white stuff covering the ground and AMX, but it does say something about this car that even after 35 years in the land of rust handle the snow.

While this car came with the special AMX Black with gold striping option they didn't get the AMC Exclusive Levis interior, but the Tan interior still looks pretty nice and goes well with the striping.
The hood bulge was standard for the AMX model but since it has a manual transmision it means that this car has the I6.

Also standard with the AMX Model is the Wheel Flares
  
The front has single round headlights, flat black grill, large round parking lights, and front air dam

The Back of the car got a rear plate depression and rear window louvers

Because what says sports car more than louvers



And most important was that they removed the concord padges and instead just put AMX infront of the rear wheels
Sadly only one side seems to have kept the decal.  Now the striping goes is suppose to go up the b pillar and over the roof, which we will just have to assume happens.  The red pinstriping I'm not sure if they were from the factory but if they weren't they should have been.
 It also has some pretty nice wheels, with approriate raised white letter tires
Atleast one of them was the even more appropriate BF Goodridge T/A Radial

I'm not sure if it unfortunately or fortunately the car wasn't for sale but when I went back past the parking lot it was gone so I'll be sure to keep my eye out for it in the area. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, my namе's Shawn and I sometimes blog about this subject too. Actually, if I may, let me ask you something.. Could it just be me or does it seem as if many of the replies seem like they are coming out of a bunch of idiots? :-P Also, if you're on
    other ѕocial netwοrk siteѕ likе web 2.
    0 site liѕt, I'd like to stay in touch. Is it possible you could put up a list of every one of your shared sites like your Twitter, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    my web site Cosco

    ReplyDelete