Monday, April 12, 2010

Starting To Work On The Car Again

With the weather finally starting to get nice, we decided it was time to start doing some more work on the car.

She started up nice and easy once we reconnected the battery, with that throaty un-muffled roar. Our goal on Sunday was to remove the exhaust system since it was all rusted and had disconnected at the cat. It ended up being easier to remove the I thought since it was held up by coax cable, a wire close hanger and some spring thing.

Bob found more change hiding under the passengers seat.

So now we need to add a new exhaust system, we are looking at a single glass-pack, and need to decide on how to route our exhaust. We have a few options, we can mount the muffler where the cat was and the route the exhaust out the passengers side before the rear tire or we can put the muffler in the original location and get the factory bent pipe that routes around the gas tank. We are going to price out the parts , but any suggestions would be welcome.

After we put the car back on the ground we took a trip to harbor freight, we need a hydraulic jack, the one we bought in the fall can't even lift the car high enough to remove the tires. We need to figure out if we can get away with a jack that has 14 1/2 inch lift or if we need the one that has a 20 inch lift. We left harbor freight with a $.99 roll of electrical tape.

We then stopped at Auto Zone, O'Reilly, and Pep Boys, and looked a exhaust tubing, and discovered we can get the battery cable parts we will need to install the cutoff switch.

After we figure out the exhaust the next thing we will start working on will be the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment