Saturday, August 20, 2011

a breath of fresh air.

Today I finally got around to doing an update that I wanted to do to this car before we even bought the car. Having figured out the budget for this year, and knowing that we have plenty of room to fit the $25 the Duff spent for this, I figured today would be a good day to put the new used intake in.

While before we bought the car it took several days and several people to take the stock one apart, I've since upgrade my tools to a decent socket set. (not a hand me down $9.99 made in Taiwan set) It even had the proper sized socket needed to take it apart. (5.5mm which incidentally is also the size you need to take the coils off the ICM) So it all came apart incredibly easy Did take a little bit of feeling around to remove the part that mounts to the body which was held on incredibly well for something that really doesn't need a lot of structural support to function. Although each componenet did seem to weigh as much as the new intake.

Putting the new one in was even easier. a few miuntes a couple of turns of a screw driver and its in and looks like its been there for years. I think the fact that its used gives it that not brand new part look.

The most important thing is that it sets a good example for the rest of the parts in the car. Give us trouble and and off the junkyard for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment