Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Steam Engine or maybe Air Engine

Since it looks like the first Electric Lemon is being built no need to continue thinking about that.

Since that is done it leaves the 3 type of classic car power plant. The gasoline engine is extremely well represented. The electric car is on its way. That leaves it for someone to build the steam powered car. For that I give you this beauty.



That is referred to as the Z8 created by Robert Green and found at Green Steam Engines

This engine is designed to be used as a generator but there is no reason it couldn't be used to power a car. The engines vary from 2 cylinder to 16 cylinder models and at least according to the site the power can be in the hundreds. I wouldn't expect the hundreds to be that massive but with a light car it could still work out well.

There are some disadvantages to steam. You need to keep adding water, and it will take a while for the water to heat up enough to turn to steam. You also will need heat the water, and all of that would add weight to your light car to make it not so light. However you don't need to run it with steam. You can run it off air. So instead of connecting all this to a boiler you just need to connect it to an air compressor which when you inevitably break a line you'll just blow air all over the place opposed to really hot water.

Plus as an added bonus these engines all seem to sound like a regular car engine about to have a major failure.



Now there are other options like the 9 cylinder Radial Steam engine

And here is even a radial model that someone already made run on air.

And I'm sure many other types of steam engines someone could use if they look into it. Now we just need someone daring enough to try it.

20 comments:

  1. It's an amazing article in support of all the web people; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

    my webpage; womens vestal watches

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for religions

    Here is my site - fab.sfc.Keio.Ac.jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly descriptive blog, I loved that a lot. Will there be
    a part 2?

    Look at my weblog; mens watches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through
    your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
    go over the same subjects? Appreciate it!

    my site ... seo keywords

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tremendous things here. I'm very happy to peer your article. Thanks so much and I'm having a look ahead to touch
    you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Check out my web page; mens watch brands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write
    a little comment to support you.

    Also visit my web site: akribos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which
    makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Excellent work!

    my web-site ... akribos for women

    ReplyDelete
  8. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost
    all of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?

    I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web site!

    Look at my page; armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an amazing article in support of all the internet people; they will obtain benefit from it I am sure.

    my blog post ... home business for dummies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I blog quite often and I really thank you for your content.

    Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark
    your blog and keep checking for new information about once
    a week. I opted in for your RSS feed as well.

    Here is my blog ... victorinox watches for women

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spot on with this write-up, I really feel this amazing site needs a great deal more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!

    My webpage womens armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good article. I will be dealing with a few of these issues as well.
    .

    Have a look at my homepage - rc Airplanes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site.

    I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by
    you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated
    me to get my very own blog now ;)

    Feel free to surf to my web-site; http://osguido.net/wikitest/index.php?title=Usuario:EvanAKH

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found
    this board and I to find It really useful & it helped
    me out a lot. I am hoping to give one thing back and aid others like you helped me.


    My web page :: what does going green mean

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I initially commented I appеar to havе clicκeԁ
    the -Notify me when nеw comments aге addеd- checκbox and from now on every
    timе a commеnt is aԁԁeԁ I recieνe four emails ωіth thе same comment.
    Ιs therе а ωау you are аble to геmοvе me frоm that servicе?
    Τhanκs!

    Feel free to ѕurf to my ωeblog - losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading
    it, you happen to be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark
    your blog and will often come back later on. I want to encourage you continue
    your great posts, have a nice afternoon!

    My web blog ... men's armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  17. After looking into a few of the blog articles on your blog, I honestly like your way of
    blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.
    Please check out my web site too and tell me your opinion.


    Feel free to visit my web page gardening ()

    ReplyDelete
  18. Нi thегe, I ԁisсoveгed yοur blog
    by the use of Google whilѕt looking for a relаteԁ mattеr, your websіte саme
    up, it seеms gooԁ. I have boоkmarκed it in my google booκmаrks.


    Here iѕ mу web-ѕitе; losing weight after 50 with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  19. Established transportation infrasctructure for a plethora of lifestlye, dining and entertainment.
    the interlace condo (http://theinterlacecondo.sg)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wantеԁ to thank уou for this verу good гead!
    ! І definitely enjoyeԁ everу bit of іt.

    I haѵе got you book marκed to check οut new stuff yοu post…

    Сheсκ out my ѕite ... organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete